Powered by the Visibly Smart Intel® Core™ processors, Ultrabook™ is a new category of ultra responsive, ultra sleek, and ultra stylish devices that are less than an inch thick and wake up in a flash. They’re an optimal blend of the performance and smart capabilities you expect—and the portability and style you want. Intel recently launched their current flagship product for the savvy, stylish and trendy mover-and-shaker who seeks to be with it every step of the way. They call it the Intel Ultrabook and what a beautiful piece of Architecture this is.
Now onto the best piece of Good News yet: We, here at Juuchini, are giving away one Lenovo Ideapad U300s Ultrabook worth $1200 (100,000 KES) to one lucky contestant; Courtesy of Intel. We have listed the cool features of the Ultrabook below. All you need to do is read and understand the Ultrabook’s features and pick one (1). Instructions await you at the end of the list of features below:
- High Specs – A mobile laptop that with high processing capability and high specs normally found on larger desktops
- Light, Thin and Stylish – Minimalist sizing that enables easy carrying and snug fit into many modern bags that are designed for easy carrying. The Ultrabook’s screen size varies between 11 and 13 inches. It weighs in at less than 1.5 Kilograms and comes in a sleek aluminum outer body.
- Fast SSD storage – In order to enable fast-boot and resume, a fast SSD storage is needed. This reduces power and increases ruggedness too. A ‘hybrid’ hard drive with traditional spinning disk and a smaller flash memory module is available on the Ultrabook.
- Faster Boot Times, Longer Standby and Speedy Resume to Task Time – An Ultrabook survives well even when it is rarely turned off. It means having very low power idle states and the ability to resume from standby and connect to WiFi in less than 5 seconds.
- High Processing Power – This covers nearly every business usage scenario. Aside from the biggest video rendering operations, compression processes, large or batch image editing operations and most complex spreadsheet calculations the Ultrabook will be able to operate just as you would expect from a desktop. Multiple applications in the background with multiple flash-enabled browser tabs, fast decompression of compressed packages, 720p video editing and almost careless use of the operating system.
- Latest Operating Systems – Windows 7 and Windows 8 will be the main target operating systems. The Ultrabook is fully compatible with both of these.
- High Security with Intel Anti-Theft System – This laptop is big on security and encoding of the motherboard and hard drive ensuring that it cannot be used if it is every stolen. Intel allows for remote shutdown and reactivation of this laptop by the user at any given time. It also monitors suspicious activity like multiple unsuccessful login attempts, disables a hard drive once it is removed, offers a ‘Good Samaritan’ message for easy contact upon recovery.
First, pick on one (1) feature above and tell us why it would benefit you in your daily computing life in the comments’ section below. After you’ve done that you need to tweet this article to validate your entry into the competition. Make sure you include the ‘#LenovoUltrabook’ hash-tag in your tweet.
We shall award whoever has the best supporting answer for the feature they choose.
Terms and conditions:
- The competition starts on Monday, 21st May 2012.
- The competition closes on Monday 4th June 2012 at 2359 HRS.
- The competition is being run by on Juuchini in conjunction with Intel Kenya.
- Entries will be by comments in the comments section of this Blog Post.
- Validation of the entries by contestants will be done via tweets of this article’s URL including the hashtag ‘#LenovoUltrabook’.
- Competition is only eligible to residents of Kenya.
- You must be above 18 years old to participate.
- The official draw for winners will be picked by Intel Kenya on 7th June 2012 and announced on 8thJune 2012.
- Winner will be published via a Blog Post on 8th June 2012.
- Winner will also be notified via email.
- The competition needs at least 30 entries to award a Winner.
- Only one (1) winner will be awarded an Intel Ultrabook (Lenovo U300).
- Any questions as far as the competition is concerned can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Intel social media communities on Facebook to keep up to date with all Ultrabook and Intel Innovations .