Cisco has announced that it has forthwith re-branded its flagship bi-annual tech event, Cisco and aims to bring the the chapter of Cisco technology vision to businesses in Kenya. The event now dubbed Cisco Connect 2013 Kenya, previously Cisco Expo, will this year be held on Tuesday 8th and Wednesday 9th October 2013 at The Safari Park Hotel in Nairobi. Cisco promises that it is not just the name that has changed; this year’s event will offer an expanded forum and will offer a showcase for the company to flaunt its newest technologies, products and connectivity solutions.
This year’s theme, ‘Your Vision Made Possible’, aims to attract a crowd which Cisco will showcase current ICT trends such as the Internet of Everything (IoE), and how organizations and government throughout East Africa can leverage these trends to drive business success and make their visions possible. Participants will also benefit from presentations and technology breakout sessions delivered by Cisco experts, as well as Cisco partner workshops. If you attend the sessions, you will get to hear a lot about cloud technology, collaboration, video, virtualization and border-less networks.
Some of the speakers lined up to speak this year are:
- David Meads, Cisco VP for Africa and Sabrina Dar, the newly appointed GM for East Africa, who will jointly deliver the keynote speech
- Howard Charney, Senior VP, Office of the President will also deliver a keynote on Cisco’s strategy around the Internet of Everything (IoE)
- Den Sullivan, Head of Architectures and Enterprise, Emerging Theatre, Cisco will also deliver a keynote entitled ‘Architecting the Future.’
Some leaders in Kenya’s Govt. as well as large companies in private sector have sent speakers. Some of these include:
- Dr. Fred Okengo Matiang’i, Cabinet Secretary for ICT in GoK
- Susan Mochache, Assistant Director, Communications Commission of Kenya
- Nzioka Waita, Head of Corporate Affairs at Safaricom, one of Kenya’s leading mobile services provider
Expected Audience – Cisco Connect Kenya 2013 expects to attract over 1,000 attendees including regional businesses and technical decision makers from Governments and mid-to-large enterprises.
2013 Sponsors – some of this year’s sponsors include:
Copy Cat Ltd; Dimension Data and IBM in the Diamond Category, Redington Value in the Gold Category and Comstor and Interdist Alliances in the Silver Category. Attendance at this year’s event will be by pre-registration only.